No one thinks that winter storms will damage their Tulsa home, but it does happen. To make sure you are prepared, Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Tulsa OK has a few tips for you to stay safe during the winter.
- Check for any loose shingles, siding, and fence boards and repair all issues as soon as you can. Items like this can easily blow off during major storms.
- Look at the trees around your home and have weak or damaged parts removed, especially those near structures. Hiring a tree care professional is the best way to safely deal with large limbs and branches.
- Make sure gutters and downspouts are free of debris so the drainage system can perform its function. Downspouts should send water at least 5’ away from your foundation. Adding a downspout extension is a simple fix for an area. Water draining under your home can lead to mold, flooding, and can attract termites!
- Be sure you have flashlights, camping lanterns, and/or headlamps easily accessible if a power outage occurs. That means fresh batteries for everything, too.
- Purchase an emergency supply of food and water. This will help sustain your family in the middle of a major storm.
All of us at Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Tulsa OK encourage you, your family, and your home to be storm-ready at all times. Protect your family and home with these easy steps and sleep easier this winter.