June is the official start of this year’s hurricane season, and along with that comes the real danger of high winds. Strong winds cause billions of dollars in damage annually, even in places that don’t experience hurricanes. Homeowners in Tulsa can take precautions before a storm to reduce wind damage to their home:
- Find all items that can come loose or blow away in high winds and ensure that they are secured. This includes patio furniture, trash cans, tools, toys, and portable grills.
- Ensure that gates are closed securely and replace any broken fence boards.
- Remove all weak branches or ones that are overhanging the roof.
- Quickly repair all loose roof shutters, shingles, and siding.
- Ensure that your garage door is secure and in good condition.