The Old Farmer’s Almanac was right once again. This winter was the most brutal most of us will ever see in our lives, which is what makes this day so exciting. Friday, March 20th is officially the end of winter for the Northern Hemisphere! Plus, it’s International Day of Happiness, promoted by the U.N., which means you have even more reason to have a great day.
Besides enjoying the warmer temperatures, we can gaze upon the lovely flowers and greener nature, savor springtime fruits and veggies, take part in outdoor activities, soak in the sun and Vit-D (make sure to wear sunscreen), and live happier from the beauty and warmth surrounding us.
The following includes a few things you can do today to make those around you have a brighter day:
1. Make eye contact and smile at each person you meet
2. Assist others in need
3. Convey appreciation for others
4. Call your parents, significant other and/or children just to say “I love you”
5. Perform acts of kindness, no matter how insignificant they may seem
6. Volunteer your time or donate money to a good cause
7. Answer the phone with a happy tone
8. Give compliments to as many people as you can
9. Allow someone in a rush to cut in front of you in traffic
10. Be kind all day long despite negativity that may approach you
We hope these few tips will brighten up your day as well as everyone around you, while enjoying the start of the spring season. Although most of us will be soaking in the warm air, it also means that some are experiencing the aftermath of the chilliest winter including property damage. Please don’t hesitate to Call Paul if you have any property damage caused by fire, water, mold or storms. Paul Davis is there to help!
– From your neighbors at Paul Davis