The holidays are here, which means Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Tulsa OK is looking forward to any exciting changes that will take place in 2015. Follow the steps below to improve the energy efficiency in your Tulsa home in the coming year:
- Each month, check your furnace filters and replace or clean them when needed. Pleated paper filters do a great job filtering allergens and small particulates. With a clean filter, your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Doors and windows can leak heat if they’re not properly sealed. Keep moisture and cold air out by caulking around the exterior. Try using a latex/acrylic caulk that’s flexible, waterproof, and can be painted to match your trim. You may also want to try weather stripping around the doors.
- If you have a fireplace with an open firebox, think about adding glass fireplace doors to prevent heat from escaping. You can also buy special fireplace blankets to cover openings.
- Does your home have high ceilings? Ceiling fans aren’t just for summer – use a ceiling fan on a “winter” setting to distribute heat around the room, saving energy and making the space more comfortable.
- A programmable thermostat will help you regulate the indoor temperature, turning up the heat when you’re about to come home and turning it down overnight.
We hope you’ll incorporate a few of these tips in your home this year.The result will be lower energy bills and a more comfortable home in Tulsa. From all of us at Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Tulsa OK, enjoy!